Saturday, December 19, 2009

Vegan Marshmallows

I made a brief mention of some vegan marshmallows I found on-line and ordered a while ago from Sweet & Sara. Well, they recently arrived and we put them to the test with a backyard campfire. I am exceedingly happy to report that they are GREAT!! They taste delicious before they are toasted and they toast well, getting that perfect lightly browned crust on the outside while going all gooey and yummy on the inside. (Some people like them burnt and charred; I am in the lightly toasted camp so I can't say how they taste when burnt.) They did seem to take a little longer to toast than the regular marshmallows but I didn't time them or anything; it may have been my impatience to try them that made it seem longer!!

The one big issue I can foresee is that I won't be able to order these over the warmer months. (And where I live, they are just about ALL warm months.) They sell ice packs and an insulated box to ship them in but even with that the ice packs were dead and everything was warm when we opened it up. It wasn't warm enough to damage the marshmallows at all, but any hotter and we would have had a problem. That nixes summer months for delivery unless we can get the local Whole Foods to carry them, and I'm going to try!

Disclaimer: I purchased these marshmallows at full price. No one asked me to write a review, I just liked the product and wanted to share the info.

No comments: