Sunday, March 14, 2010

Emergency Preparedness Part II

As I was stumbling around on the internet this morning I ran across a site relating to home organization. Since today is the day to "Spring Forward" by setting our clocks ahead one hour the site recommends this as the day to make safety checks around our homes. There are the usual things, change the batteries in the smoke detectors, for instance, as well as the very topic I discussed in my last post- update your emergency preparedness kit. Additional information includes links to a printable list of first aid supplies, a family emergency information page, and FEMA. It's potentially life saving information that is well worth checking out.

(Maybe I'm not the only one with emergency preparedness as a hobby...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links! I am just teaching my ds about being prepared and the emergancy info sheets were really worthwhile... not to mention the first aid checklist... I'm not sure our bandaids have any stick left to them...

Lili