Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Introduction; First Menu Plan Mondays Post

Hi:
I was inspired to set this blog up when I read some others with "Menu Mondays" posts. I like to see what other people are cooking and how they eat in their families, and since I plan my menus (almost) every week too, I decided to jump on the bandwagon. Here's what we're eating this week, and you get 2 meals per day since we cook both lunch and dinner at home:
Monday Lunch: Jambalaya (using pork tenderloin, an onion and a bell pepper added to the Zatarain's mix and thrown in the rice cooker- easy, easy, easy.)
Monday Dinner: Bacon and Egg Pie (Modification of a recipe I found on recipeczar.com, where you plug in the ingredients you have and they find you a recipe. I did a freezer inventory earlier in the day and found I had 2 frozen pie crusts left over from the holidays and a bunch of turkey bacon that I wanted to use up.)
Tuesday Lunch: Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Tenderloin (This is a recipe from the Publix Supermarket's Aprons recipe series. It uses the other half of the pork tenderloin we threw in the Jambalaya yesterday.)
Tuesday Dinner: Deli sandwiches (Made to order at the deli counter at Publix.)
Wednesday Lunch: Philly Steak Sandwiches
Wednesday Dinner: Spiced Chicken with Black Eye Peas and Rice (from "Cooking Light Weeknights" cookbook)
Thursday Lunch: Spaghetti (hubby's recipe)
Thursday Dinner: Beef-A-Roni (my recipe)
Friday Lunch: Shrimp Scampi (from Emeril's "There's a Chef in my World" cookbook)
Friday Dinner: Saucy Italian Style Chicken Thighs (from one of my Cooking Light cookbooks- Superfast Suppers, I think)
Saturday Lunch: Black Bean Cakes (from "Apocolypse Chow" cookbook), rice, carrot salad, and applesauce
Sunday: Soy Marinated London Broil (from ???; I printed it out from the internet, but I can't remember the site)
Sunday: Grillades and Grits (from the internet, I think from Southern Living Magazine)
Sunday Lunch: order pizza for the kids and the babysitter; mom and dad dine out!

One thing about me- I lost over 45 pounds eating this way. Portion control and daily walks rule!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That is just awesome Kim! Way to go and thanks so much for joining us over at Menu Plan Monday!!

Blessings,
Laura

Kim said...

Thanks Laura! I'm new to this blogging thing so I don't quite know how to get links and so forth going, but I'll figure it out. I added a gadget just now for my blog list and you're the first one on it!