Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bonus Post! Green Smoothie Recipe

I recently attended a Vitamix demo where the demonstrator gave out a recipe for a delicious Green Smoothie that does not taste like grass! (Or "the lawn", as she put it.) I've made it since then, although I didn't have all the veggies she used so I made a few substitutions, and it is pretty darn good.

Loretta's Green Smoothie

**All measurements are approximate**

~ 2 cups green grapes
~ One chunk (about a 3/4 inch disk) from a summer squash (I subbed cucumber)
~ 1/4 cup of the outer leaves from a green cabbage (I left this out)
~ 1 cup spinach
~ Approximately 6 pitted dates
~ 2 inch circular section from a pineapple; include the core and cut into large chunks; makes about 3 cups
(she said you can even use the skin but she trimmed it off in case we were squeamish)
~ 2 cups or more of ice

Can also add flax seeds, protein powder, etc.


Place the ingredients into the Vitamix in the order given. Start on Variable Speed 1, dial up to 10, then to High until everything is blended up and smooth. Use the tamper as needed. Add ice through the cap opening as needed.

I absolutely love, love, love my Vitamix! I have used it every single day since I opened it. I've made soup, tons of smoothies, and ice cream. The best part is that it is easy to clean; fill the container with 5 cups of warm water, add 2 drops of dish soap, and blend for a minute or two. Pour the soapy water out over the tamper and lid to clean those then a quick rinse and it's clean. It becomes its own dishwasher!

I feel like I've joined a Vitamix cult!!!

No comments: