Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's Menu Plan Monday Again!

This week's menu plan came together easily. (Sometimes I really struggle with it, depending on our schedule. The busier our calendar is the harder it is for me to plan what I'll feel like cooking on a given day.) I'll post a few of the recipes in the next post and you can click on the underlined items for more info.

Monday Lunch: Healthy Sloppy Joes
Monday Dinner: Spiced Chicken with Black Eyed Peas and Rice, page 98 Cooking Light Weeknight Cookbook
Tuesday Lunch: Take Out (I have a dental apt. so I'll pick it up on the way home)
Tuesday Dinner: Slow Cooker Turkey (as in, throw in a turkey breast, season it a little, plug the thing in and walk away), baked potatoes, cranberry sauce from a can, Stove Top, and green beans *This is our most "processed" dinner with the Stove Top, canned cranberry sauce, and frozen green beans, but this is a busy, busy day for me so it's either that or take out again!
Wednesday Lunch: One Pan Potatoes and Chicken Dijon, only sub regular BBQ for the Dijon BBQ (I don't care for dijon) *I'll type up the recipe in the following post since it's from an advertisement for potatoes from 1995. I've kept it all that time and this is the first time I'm making it! I really need to clean out my recipe box...
Wednesday Dinner: Tuscan Bean Soup with Turkey, page 85 Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Cookbook
Thursday Lunch: Spaghetti (as usual) with garlic bread and bruschetta
Thursday Dinner: Meaty Calzones, page 66 Cooking Light Super Fast Suppers Cookbook
Friday Lunch: Eat Out after we run a family errand
Friday Dinner: Creamy Chicken and Pasta Soup, page 80 Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Cookbook
Saturday Lunch: Black Bean Cakes from Apocalypse Chow, Rice, Carrot Salad, Applesauce
Saturday Dinner: Pineapple Chicken over rice (DH's recipe with onions and fresh pineapple that he cubes and sautes in Mojo Criollo, then he cooks chicken tenderloins in more Mojo Criollo, then he throws it all together and it's done, or something like that)
Sunday Lunch: Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Tenderloins with rice
Sunday Dinner: Date night! Pizza delivery for the kids and sitter while Mom and Dad go out to eat

Cookbooks for the week: Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Cookbook and my old favorites, Cooking Light Super Fast Suppers, Cooking Light Weeknight, and Apocalypse Chow (which are all on my Shelfari Book Shelf widget)

Please make sure to go over to Organizing Junkie's site to check out all of the other Menu Plan Monday posts!

No comments: