Monday, January 31, 2011

Smoothie Luv

I just made the most amazing smoothie by throwing a bunch of random stuff in the Vita-Mix. The only problem is I'll never be able to replicate it!! Well, I'll try; here goes. I threw in some...

~ frozen fruit: pineapple, mango, peaches, and the last few blueberries in the bag
~ then I added some delicious practically-fresh-squeezed OJ
~ and a splash of coconut milk
~ Oh, almost forgot- I started out by blending up about half a dozen dates. You have to blend them up first or you get date chunks throughout the smoothie. (Which I like, but the kids have a fit.) The dates are the sweetener, better than sugar or honey.

Then I used the Vita Mix plunger to jam it down while I blended it all up into almost a soft sherbet consistency. It was the BEST EVER.

I think I'm going for seconds...

No comments: