Saturday, November 28, 2009

What To Do?

What do I do with all of this new information I'm learning about? I'm now reading The Food Revolution, my follow up reading to Eating Animals. It is opening my eyes to the consequences MY eating habits have throughout the world and, wow, those consequences are a lot bigger than I ever thought possible. I've heard the term "lifting the veil" a lot lately, both in the book and in Food, Inc. and that's what it feels like. A veil of ignorance has been lifted and I can never go back to what I was before.

I challenge you, too, to learn more about what you eat, where it comes from, how it affects your body, the animals, other people, and the planet as a whole. I'm over halfway through The Food Revolution and I'll post a review once I finish it; I'm taking notes as I go so I can share some of the more powerful quotes. Of everything I've read and watched, this is the one book that is the most thorough. If you read nothing else, please read The Food Revolution. Lift the veil; if you don't your food could kill you.

PS: And as soon as I finished posting this, I stumbled onto an article about how meat consumption affects the planet. It's a quick little snippet for you.

No comments: