Saturday, February 4, 2012

Turtling

Introvert me- I'm turtling again. With the fibromyalgia, sometimes my schedule gets out of control and life gets overwhelming. When that happens I retreat into my shell, like a turtle, and avoid as many outside commitments as possible. I have to- it's how I recharge. Since I'm trying to control my fibro by managing my lifestyle, with the goal of avoiding medications as much as possible, it's essential for me to manage my time well. That's only one component of my fibro management program but it's a big one and the most difficult. Try as one might, life gets messy now and again. Children wreck cars (she's OK but I had to drive her around until I could get her another one), appliances break, (luckily DH can usually fix them, but not always), appointments made ages ago come up on the schedule at the worst times, (dental appointments, check ups, etc.) and so on and so on. Just... life.

So, I hope my friends understand. I still love each and every one of you, I just have to take some time and refresh so I can get back at it. If I don't my fibro flares and I'm bed ridden; not very pleasant. I'll get there, I'll get there, it just takes me longer.

No comments: