Monday, June 13, 2011

Busy Days Come to a Screeching Halt

Wow, what a miserable weekend. We were supposed to go pick out our greyhound on Saturday but I spent all of Friday night and into Saturday morning tossing my cookies. That can really slow things down! No puppy for us. The kids and I were all heartbroken but there was no way I could even get out of bed, much less make the drive to the kennel. I was kind of hoping to recover by Sunday but no such luck. I spent Sunday in bed too, trying in vain to start eating again. I'd take a few bites of some bland food or the other and I'd be done. At least we're having a free HBO weekend. (Or week or whatever; I never know how long these things will last.) When I wasn't trying to sleep I got to watch a couple of fluffy romantic comedies and some eye candy adventure movies. Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal- yum-O. (And if you like eye candy, male variety, then those links are my little present to you.)

And I'm still not 100%. DH is being me today and shuttling kids around; I'm going back to bed. (And DH is wonderful; I'm a lucky girl. He took care of me and the kids and the house all weekend. I do love that man.)

PS: But as sick as I was, I still had to change 2 paper towel rolls.

1 comment:

MrsPhilipswithoneL said...

I hope that you get to feeling better. That is awesome that you are getting a greyhound. They are so cute, one of our neighbors has one.