Monday, September 28, 2009

I Love a Good Wedding

I LOVE weddings, love, love, love them, from the second the engagement is announced to the last hokey song the DJ plays at the tail end of the reception. (You know it's close to over when "The Chicken Dance" comes on!) We were blessed with a wedding in our family this weekend. My cousin married his sweetheart and we were honored to be there and even more honored that The Middle Child was able to share in the day as the flower girl. (Pics to follow; DH had them loaded on our laptop, thus no access yet from this computer until he transfers them over. Warning- the cuteness factor is over the top.) The bride was absolutely radiant; I don't think I've ever seen a woman as happy and glowing as she was. It made me all teary with happy tears when I saw her look at my cousin during the rehearsal and the wedding itself, which is when her face would really light up. I was proud of him for making her so happy.

I got to tease my cousin a little bit at the reception. He is one of those camera shy types, although that's putting it mildly. Camera phobic is a more accurate description; he DETESTS having his picture taken. He was a good sport about it at the wedding, though. I took a bunch of pictures of him and told him I was taking advantage of the occasion since I may not ever have the opportunity again in the future! ;) He looked very dashing, I have to say. He's Scottish on his dad's side and proud of his heritage so he wore a kilt with his family's plaid. That's not something you see at just any old wedding! I thought it was super cool. His son, the ring bearer, also wore a kilt and was too cute for words; there was a collective "awwww" from the audience when he walked down the aisle with The Middle Child. They made quite a pair!

The bride and groom are on their honeymoon now and I get warm and fuzzy feelings just thinking about them. They are one of those couples you just know are in it for the long haul; they're so RIGHT for each other. Many happy wishes, you two!!!

No comments: