Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthdays and E-Readers

Today is DH's birthday. He had two medical appointments so we didn't really do anything special, but he's not one who likes a fuss on his birthday anyway. I'd make him a cake but he hates cake, so I just made him some awesome Cargamanto Bean Stew. (It turned out perfectly and it's such a great dish, just to brag a little since I invented the recipe.)

After agonizing over what to get him I finally settled on a Barnes & Noble Nook, their electronic reader, after he was fussing he didn't have anything to read one day. He has a ton of political books but he said he gets too fired up when he reads those so he wanted some fiction to read before bed, but he didn't have anything. The instant gratification of the e-readers is their biggest draw for me, so I knew right then and there that he was getting one for his birthday. I love it when I have the "ah-ha moments" about presents.

I purchased the Nook since The Eldest and I both have Kindles and I felt we should have at least one different e-reader in the house. I googled reviews and the Sony e-reader was also rated well, but some of the comments led me to think the Nook would be a better match for DH. He's ordered one book on it so far and hasn't started reading it yet; I'm anxious to find out how he likes it once he reads on it for a while. I'll have to post a review in a week or two.

1 comment:

MrsPhilipswithoneL said...

Don likes his Nook and I love my Kindle. He is able to get some books on his nook that I am unable to get on my Kindle, but I can get some newspapers that he can't get. So to have to different e-readers in the house is good because you can always share :)