Saturday, August 21, 2010

The End of My Summer Break

This has been a busy summer but I've managed to keep some open time over the past two weeks for some "home days". I love my home days. I use them first and foremost as a time to rest and recharge. I also use the time, unless I'm having fibro flare ups, to work around my house. I've been on an organizing kick lately, tackling some of my grandmother's things, a portion of my closet, my bedroom, and spending a little bit of time in The Yougest's, aka The Wild Child's, bedroom. I've also worked on our backyard and laid the groundwork for our first (in this house) fall veggie garden. (Well, I set out a tarp where I want the garden to go so that the grass will die underneath it. Oh, and our compost bin is filling up.)

I purchased storage containers for The Wild Child's room and bins for some outdoor storage. I have some serious buyer's remorse for one bin, though. It's for our pool fence, which we don't really need on a regular basis since the kids are proficient swimmers. (We still need it for Girl Scout meetings since younger siblings are usually in attendance.) I measured and everything but the selection at the home supply store was limited, I was aggravated and in a hurry, so I pointed to one that was long enough, plus some room for clearance, and said "I'll take it". BIG mistake. DH put it together and it's GI-GORMOUS; it's way too big for the pool fence. It takes up a huge portion of our side yard and it was expensive. I desperately want to return it, but I'm not sure how we're going to get it back to the store. It's assembled now, after all, and I don't know that it will fit in the back of my mini van. I may be stuck with this ridiculous, over sized, over priced, impractical monstrosity of a storage bin; I'm having fits.

I'm also coughing. I have a cold; scratchy throat, coughing, sneezing, itchy eyes, runny nose, and I feel like I'm getting a fever, so I'm ending this post right here and going to bed. ~:-P

No comments: