Sunday, August 22, 2010

Update on THE BIN and Notes on Homeschooling

I groused so about the bin that DH couldn't stand it anymore. He put up a good fight, but in the end he came through and shoved that thing back in my car last night. I had mere minutes to get to Home Depot before they closed, but I made it. I was anticipating some problems about returning The Bin but it was no sweat, and the two employees who helped me out were great. I am impressed with their customer service, actually. So now The Bin is gone, I have my money back, and my pool fence still needs a storage container of some sort, but I'll worry about that another day.

Also on the organizational front, I spent a good portion of the day yesterday (when I wasn't dealing with The Bin) setting up our home school program for this school year. I have a ton of materials so I went through everything and pulled the items I'll use with the little ones this year. (The Eldest is in the dual enrollment program now so I'm not assigning her work anymore.) I was also able to purge, purge, purge a lot of curriculum items they have outgrown; it's nice to have some space on my bookshelves. (So I can put away the books stacked in piles around the house. Bookshelf space doesn't stay empty for long around here!) I set up our schedule and put some new educational posters on the wall. I pulled out my plan book so that's ready to set up. We're basically good to go!

No comments: