Saturday, March 19, 2011

What I'm Reading

Well, I was reading Olive Kitteridge for my book club but it made me suicidal (too darn sad) so I had to stop about half way through. In searching for something a little more upbeat, I saw that The Pioneer Woman has a new book out, The Pioneer Woman: From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, about her romance with her Marlboro Man. I've read her blog in the past so I was curious and ordered a sample on my Kindle. I read the sample and was hooked, so I ordered the book and stayed up way too late reading it. It's a lot happier than Olive Kitteridge, I must say, although there are some sad parts coming up. (She foreshadows.) I know she gets through the sad times, though, from reading her blog. I have to keep reminding myself it's non-fiction; it reads like a romance novel!

But I can't finish it now! I'm supposed to be at a beach clean up in a very short little while, so off the computer and into the shower, nownownownow!!!

PS: We never did make the beach clean up; I couldn't get the troops rallied and out the door in a timely fashion. I'm bummed. My friends were there and it was a gorgeous day out so I'm really disappointed. :(

No comments: