Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Random Ramblings

In hopes of getting the "Beat the Blahs Black Bean Cakes" recipe posted, I've sent an e-mail to Robin Robertson, one of the authors of "Apocalypse Chow", where we found said recipe and one of my favorite cook books. I don't know the protocol for posting recipes on blogs from cook books so I thought it best to ask first, and I'm keeping the fingers of my non-injured hand crossed that she says OK!

Speaking of my hand, it's healing slowly. It gets a little better every day; the swelling is going down and mobility is slowly improving. Typing is somewhat easier. I could probably wrap my hand around the mid point of a baseball bat now, but that's as close as I can get to making a fist. Better than at first, though! I'm just so very thankful that if I had to injure a hand, at least it's my left one; whew. I don't know how I would have managed if it had been my right hand. I found a cool (literally) new product at the local drug store that's been helpful- peas! But not edible peas, cold therapy peas. They come in several sizes and shapes and they are just right for boo boos, both for kids and grownups. (And I'm not getting paid to say that, either; I just like the product.) They ARE NOT teethers so they aren't good for babies and toddlers, just FYI. My kids like them since they aren't babyish like the Dora cold packs, which they are way too old for now. ;) I've been walking around with cold packs for days now; I'm ready to be over it and back to normal, already!! I see the hand doctor today; I'm betting he's going to send me to physical therapy, which I so don't have time for. ~:-P

No comments: