Saturday, October 23, 2010

Block Party Day!

Some of our wonderful neighbors get together every year for an annual pre-Halloween block party. We've been going for several years now and it's a great kick off for the holiday season. One of our neighbors in a cul de sac just off our street hosts, loads of kids come out to play, they have games with small prizes for the kids, and everyone and has a great time. Since we live waaaaay down at the end of our block we don't get to hang out and socialize regularly with the neighbors up the street very often so this is a real treat. I love catching up and chatting with people I only see in passing during the rest of the year. It's something I look forward to every year; I'm so glad we are invited.

I'm also glad to be a part of my book club which meets at my house on Monday. It's my first time hosting and I'm excited about it. We read "The Hunger Games" and I'm using some themes from the story for my menu and decorating. (Not that the book club usually follows a theme for our lunches, I just thought it would be fun since this particular book lends itself to the colors that are so easy to find around this time of year.) It should be great; I'll probably post about it again when it's over, but for now I have to get to the prep work. It's time to make my candied pecans!

No comments: