Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Facebook and Photographs

I've been spiffing up my Facebook page a little bit. I've updated my "likes" and "interests" and I'm going through the pictures on our computer and posting some of those. It's kind of like scrapbooking, only digital, 'cause I don't have time for real scrapbooking these days. I've always loved looking through my pictures and I put my first scrapbook together back in high school. When the scrapbooking-as-craft craze kicked in, I was right there getting all artsy with my pictures, storing them in acid free albums using all the fancy acid free stickers and embellishments. It was fun and I'll probably get back to it one of these days, but now that we have digital cameras and pictures are coming at me like an avalanche, it makes me feel a bit overwhelmed.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that I have a ton of pictures of DH and the kids, but not so many of me. A few other moms I know have commented on this phenomenon; it seems to be a prevalent situation for the mommy crowd. I even have group shots of everyone, but don't bother to hand the camera off to someone else to get in the picture myself. I need to work on that, especially now that all of the kids are capable of taking decent photos. Even The Youngest, aka The Wild Child, is a competent photographer. And then there are friends. One of the other moms in the homeschooling group offered to take a picture of me with the kids the other day and I turned her down, which was so silly. I will take people up on that offer from now on. I'm a part of the family too and I need to get in the picture, and if you've noticed the same thing happening to you, then you need to get in there, too!

No comments: