Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Family Tradtions

We've started a temporary tradition for dinner on the nights The Eldest has her class. We discovered a new eatery that is open until 10:00 p.m. and has a great salad bar along with other menu offerings the kids like, plus I can get a take out sandwich for DH. We've gone over there two weeks in a row now and I think we'll probably do the same for the rest of the semester. The best part is that we can walk over to the bookstore after we eat, always a favorite activity for a family full of bookworms. A little dangerous to the budget, but I can just cut back on groceries, books being way more important than food, after all. (We saw a bag for sale at the bookstore with one of my favorite quotes: "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes" -Erasmus.) I was able to pick up my new book club book, Shanghai Girls, along with several books for the kids. The Eldest just bought a load of books and wasn't planning on finding anything but then found a section on Steampunk. I told her I would buy one but she had to pay for the other three!!

As to my cookbook addiction, I didn't buy any new ones. I got those out of the library earlier in the day. (And you know it's been a good day when you get to go to both the library AND the bookstore!)

No comments: