Tuesday, October 27, 2009

SPIDERS, Beware!

I take a walk around our neighborhood almost every day. When I walk during the day there aren't too many bugs, but as it gets cooler at night I compromise and walk at sunset but keep a watch for the buggies. Today I walked in the late afternoon since I had other things to do during my regular walk time and gave no thought to bugs at all. Big mistake; big, huge. The spiders around here are trying to catch humans, and they've figured out there are more of us during the day. I was walking along minding my own business, actually I was trying to remember the names of a bunch of new people I met last night and doing a pretty darn good job of it, when WHAP; I walked into a HUGE spider's web that spanned the distance from my head to my waist. Eeeew eeew eew!! The webs are bad but WHERE WAS THE SPIDER, more importantly, was he ON ME????? I looked like someone in a movie who ran into a spider's web in a haunted house; I hope no one had a video camera. Shudder. I had to make sure that darn critter wasn't on me, though, so I was jumping around like a loon. To the best of my knowledge, Mr. Spider wasn't on the part of the web that was still on me, so I'm safe at home now.

I'm traumatized, though.

No comments: