Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gardening with The Youngest, aka The Wild Child


I purchased a Topsy Turvy tomato planter a while ago along with some tomato seedlings and The Youngest, aka The Wild Child, has been bugging me to go ahead and plant them already! Well, it was complicated. I had to get DH motivated to put the hooky thing up on our patio overhang, and that took some time. He finally got around to it yesterday and The Youngest and I planted two of the seedlings today; he was tickled pink. Now we have an upside down tomato plant at our house, but I'm still not very optimistic that we'll get actual tomatoes. I've tried to grow veggies in the past but it never works out. We're all motivated to start out with, then we become forgetful and neglect the watering, and we never remember to fertilize, (and what are you supposed to fertilize with anyway; everything from the garden center sounds so... chemically), and they get bugs, but we don't want to spray pesticides in our yard, so we never get any output. Sigh. It's fun while it lasts, though!

Full credit to the photographer, The Wild Child himself!

No comments: