Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Thinking Day!

Yesterday was a special day for Girl Scouts and Girl Guides the world over- it was Thinking Day! We celebrated today with my younger daughter's troop by attending the event hosted by her service unit. It was held at a local high school cafeteria and many of the local troops participated by making booths all of the girls could visit. Each booth consisted of a display about a member country from the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, a food from the country, and a craft from the country. The Oldest went with us; she goes for the FOOD! We're going to the event for her troop (she's in a different service unit since she stayed with her old troop after we moved six miles up the road) on Friday; more FOOD, yeah! ;) I planned the event for 2007 and 2008 but a friend of mine took over this year and did a fantastic job. I was so happy it wasn't on my shoulders, even though I happen to love this particular event. I did help out by planning and running the pinning ceremony part of the evening and that went well. I had print outs of the Girl Scout/Girl Guide Promise from several other countries and in a few different languages. I learned that one of the moms in my troop speaks 5 languages! Spanish, English, Italian, French, and Portuguese- wow! She's also quite well traveled and had a ton of advice for our upcoming European vacation. The main thing was STAY LONGER!!! DH would have some issues with that, however, so we'll see. ;) (He's not going; it's just me and The Eldest.)

No comments: