Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My To Do List

I had a rare and momentary lull in my to do list today. I mean there's still a lot that needs to be done (laundry, as usual, is up to the ceiling, among many other household tasks) but, and here's the spooky part, I DIDN'T HAVE ANY URGENT "FIRES" TO PUT OUT!!! Nothing urgent for Girl Scouts, although I have a pinning ceremony for 200 I have to plan for Monday night, nothing for my grandmother's estate (she passed away last June and I'm executor), no driving anyone anywhere, no one scheduled to visit, no play dates, nothing! I was going to be free to laze around and enjoy a much needed break today, or so I thought. Sigh... Then something came up for my younger daughter's Girl Scout troop this afternoon that was a drop-everything-and-deal-with-it kind of thing, so I did. Best laid plans, as they say.

The Youngest starts soccer next week too, so that will put a wrinkle in my schedule. They expect parents to stay at the field during practice so I'm at least hoping to multi-task and take my daily walks while I'm there but I'll have to see how that goes. It's his first time playing organized sports so I'm hoping he has fun with it. He's been attending a homeschool P.E. program for a couple of years now so he's been involved with sports through that, but that's not as intense as the youth soccer leagues are by a long shot. He had to go for his "valation" (evaluation) a few weeks ago with his dad and thought the kids he was playing with were going to be on his team. He was telling me about "the fast kid" this morning and I had to explain to him that the kids he met were going to be mixed up on all different teams. He's been talking about it quite a bit so I know he's excited. I'll be taking the camera along for those first few practices! :)

No comments: