Sunday, February 1, 2009

Menu Plan Monday!

Hot off the presses, here's my weekly menu plan:
Monday Lunch: Breakfast sandwiches (eggs and cheese on either a bagel or an english muffin)
Monday Dinner: Roast Chicken with Pasta and Broccoli (will post recipes for chicken and broccoli following, probably tomorrow)
Tuesday Lunch: Healthy Burgers, Waldorf Salad, Oven Fries
Tuesday Dinner: Chicken Philly Sandwiches
Wednesday Lunch: Shrimp Scampi from "There's a Chef in My World"
Wednesday Dinner: Beef-a-roni
Thursday Lunch: Spaghetti with garlic bread and bruschetta
Thursday Dinner: Chicken Orzo Skillet from "Taste of Home Healthy Cooking Recipe Cards", current issue, page 3
Friday Lunch: Eat Out
Friday Dinner: Tender and Crisp Chicken Legs with Sweet Tomatoes from Jamie Oliver's web site*
Saturday Lunch: Grillades and Grits
Saturday Dinner: Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Tenderloins with rice and a salad
Sunday Lunch: Jambalaya*
Sunday Dinner: Mom and Dad eat out; order pizza for the kids and the sitter

*Notes: When I make the Jamie Oliver chicken I add the cannellini beans that are mentioned as optional ("if you fancy") in the recipe, and I add at LEAST 2 cans of them. They are absolutely DELISH! We make our JAMBALAYA from the Zatarain's mix and throw it in the rice cooker with cubed pork tenderloin (I buy a 2 pound pork tenderloin and use half for this recipe, half for the Brown Sugar Glazed Pork), a chopped onion, a chopped pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. The rice cooker does the rest; it's one of the easiest meals we make.

Make sure to check out the other Menu Plan Monday links on Organizing Junkie's web site!


Melinda said...

The brown sugar pork sounds great! I've added it to my list of recipes I want to try. Thanks for the info you left on healthy eating, etc. I am going to try all your suggestions!

Kim said...

You're most welcome! :) If you poke around on the Aprons website you'll find lots of other recipes, too. I only like a few of them; there is a lot of reliance on processed food. Which reminds me, for a "heads up", the Montreal Steak Seasoning the recipe calls for does have MSG. We only eat this once in a while, it's really good, and there's only a small amount of the seasoning for the entire recipe (we use half the amount called for) so we eat it anyway. I'd love to find a seasoning blend that tastes the same/similar without the MSG! I'll have to see what they have that might be similar the next time I go to Whole Foods...